Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Rainy Monday

Yesterday it rained ALL DAY LONG.  Yuck!  We stayed at the A.F. for a while after our classes to use the internet, then we came back to the apartment for lunch.  We walked to the mall to get groceries and looked in a couple stores also- du Bruit Dans La Cuisine (kind of like Williams-Sonoma/ Sur La Table), Decathlon (the sporting goods store), and Decitre (big bookstore).  We also got a “gouter” at Paul.  Doug got his new favorite, moelleux au chocolate (basically a brownie), and I got a tartelette aux framboises.  Then we went to Carrefour… always an adventure… always crowded…

 

For supper, I tried a recipe out of a cookbook Pamela loaned me.  The cookbook is a compilation of recipes from Nashville restaurants.  I made a Sunset Grill pasta recipe.  It turned out pretty good!

1 comment:

Beth Prewitt said...

Hey! Looks like y'all are having tons of fun! I've missed seeing you! I had a dream that you got back and I hadn't checked your blog and I felt bad.

I haven't worked out at all yet. .. maybe when you get back.

I'm at the summer PLU's and I'm bored. Fortunately, we have laptops!!