Saturday, August 2, 2008

La Rentree

Monday is back to work... so we are relaxing and enjoying our last few days of freedom... and also trying to get a lot done!

Yesterday we went to the Social Security Administration office so I could finally officially get my name changed. They wouldn't let me drop or abbreviate Jane... so, my name on my card will be Jane Elizabeth Kittrell Williams. Uggh. I though things were finally going to be simpler with my name! My check card says "J Elizabeth Kittrell Will" my license says "Jane Elizabeth K Williams" and my passport still says "Jane Elizabeth Kittrell."

We also got my car serviced... they told us that A LOT of things need to be replaced/ cleaned/ fixed, etc. Not sure what to do... Doug REALLY needs a new car, as his is not reliable at all. But should we BOTH get new cars??

As therapy for these stressful conditions, we've been doing a lot of yummy cooking. I made watermelon sorbet on Thursday- it turned out really good! We made our own version of a Nicoise salad (without anchovies!) last night with yummy goat cheese toasts. Through Salud, we have discovered a delicous goat cheese called Capricco de Cabra (sp?). This morning I made Doug waffles. Now the creativity is going to switch to furniture rearranging because we are bringing Doug's bed back from his house in NC in a couple weeks. The goal is go get the daybed and the queen size bed to both fit in the guest room without being too crowded

No comments: