Thursday, October 14, 2010

Update

Pretty flowers from the Williams... they go well with our tablecloth!
Things have been going much better the last day or so. The nausea is completely gone, I can walk fine, I am getting my energy back, and I have begun easing off the pain meds. I still have a few things... tightness in my chest, residual cramps in my stomach, and chills. Hopefully that will all be gone in a few days.

Today was my first day back teaching. The students (and teachers... especially the science teachers) were very curious about my Black Widow encounter. Most wanted to share with me their own spider stories... which I don't really care to hear right now! After hearing a number of Brown Recluse stories, I guess I am grateful I wasn't bitten by one of those, since that evidently causes your skin to rot (yuck!).

As Mom already mentioned, we won't be decorating for Halloween with spiders anytime soon!

1 comment:

Katie K. said...

What a random and horrifying experience. Glad to hear that you're recovering!