Monday, September 28, 2009

Middle school day

Today Doug and I visited our middle schools. Mine is in Belleville, not too far from the high school. Here's a picture of what you see when you get off the train in Belleville (not much!)
Doug's is in Beaujeu, a small town about 15 minutes (by bus) from Belleville. The teachers and administration were friendly at my school, although not quite as professional and organized as the teachers had been at the high school. One teacher offered to take me to the train station in Ville Franche, a town between Belleville and Lyon where a lot of teachers live. It saved me walking 20 minutes back to the station and it saved 2.10 euros on my train ticket!

Doug just got home... he observed 3 classes today in Beaujeu! Beaujeu is a ways out, but he only has to go there one day a week.

No comments: