Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Half Day Wednesday!

If you didn't already know, schools are only half days in France on Wednesdays! What a great mid-week break! I don't work on Wednesdays anyway, so I did grocery/market shopping, cooking, and cleaning this morning while Doug was gone. When he got home, we went to Bellecour and walked down to Perrache and back, stopping for a "gouter" at Paul near the Ampere Fountain. It was really warm today (80!), so lots of people were out enjoying the weather.
Ampere Fountain
(Andre-Marie Ampere made significant contributions in electricity and magnetism... or something like that... he was from Lyon)
my gouter of choice: tarte aux framboises
people watching near Bellecour

2 comments:

David and Eryn said...

mmmmm, looks like you guys are having a good time and enjoying GREAT food! Did that raspberry tart contain frangipane? Looks like it might :) I need to get you my recipe for that it makes great tarts and a yummy multi-purpose filling and also freezed quite well.

Elizabeth said...

I would LOVE your tart recipe!!!