Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving... sort of

Well today is Thanksgiving, but just an ordinary work day for us. It is weird to think that many, many miles away people will eat until they can't eat anymore and then be glued to the TV watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade or football... not so much for us... but we will eat! Tonight Emily Branch arrives and we also have the big potluck. The turkey that Erin special ordered from the butcher was 10 kilos (over 20 pounds) and cost 99 euros (over $150)! So we will all be bringing along a few euros to chip in. For the first time in like 6 years, I will NOT be waking up at 4:30AM tomorrow to get the early bird sales. I am sure Doug is so sad to not get dragged along tomorrow as he has for the last few years :)

2 comments:

Lauren S said...

I can't believe that bird was so expensive!!

A friend I know in Italy posted yesterday: In Italy, Thanksgiving is known as "Thursday." I guess it's the same for you!.

You can celebrate Buy Nothing Day with us tomorrow since you can't hit any sales! :)

Elizabeth said...

I like "Buy Nothing Day"... that might be our new tradition! Kind of like your "Purge Day"...