Monday, November 30, 2009

Heavy hearts





Although I couldn't be there for the memorial service last night, I am thinking of Misty and praying for her family and friends. She was an example and blessing for so many.

God is my Shepherd
And I am his little lamb.

He feeds me
He guides me
He looks after me.
I have everything I need.

Inside, my heart is very quiet.
As quiet as lying still in soft green grass
In a meadow
By the stream.

Even when I walk through
the dark, scary, lonely places
I won't be afraid
Because my Shepherd knows where I am.

He is here with me
He keeps me safe
He rescues me

He makes me strong
And brave.

He is getting wonderful things ready for me
Especially for me
Everything I every dreamed of!

He fills my heart so full of happiness
I can't hold it all inside.

Wherever I go I know
God's Never Stopping
Never Giving Up
Unbreaking
Always and Forever
Love
Will go, too!

Psalms 23, The Jesus Storybook Bible

3 comments:

April Kay said...

Elizabeth, your words & pictures are beautiful. Misty looks so happy. All the many prayers & God's presence were definitely felt at the remembrance service last night. Love you!

Jessi said...

Just re-found your blog. Just wanted to let you know I'll praying for Misty's family and friends. Beautiful words.
Blessings.

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Elizabeth, I just found your blog through your comment you left on mine. :) It looks like you and Doug are living an adventurous life right now. Hope you're doing great!
Thanks for this post on Misty. She was one of the sweetest people I've ever known. Thanks for your words and for the pictures you posted. I needed to see that smile of hers. :)